We are excited to announce our new payment platform that has just gone live. If you use SportyHQ to collect Canadian or Australian dollar payments, then it’s important you read this information, as your action is required.
We will be rolling out similar functionality to our European customers shortly and will make a further announcement when we launch.
Our new payments platform is aimed at resolving all of the shortcomings of our previous system. In particular, our new platform will:
- Reduce the time it takes to pay you, allowing you to access funds on a regular basis.
- Pay you directly to your bank account the complicated requirements of wire transfers (this is for our Canadian customers).
- Reduce payment gateway fees.
- Remove “international cross-border fees” which have sometimes been imposed by banks.
- Make SportyHQ and payment gateway fees more transparent and instantly available for you to view.
We’re sure you’ll agree that these are very welcome changes and we’re delighted to bring them to you today.
Here’s what you’ll need to do to get hooked up to the new payment platform…
Clubs & Organizations
If you’re an administrator of a club or organization that uses our payment platform, then it’s important that you go to your club or organization administration page in SportyHQ, click on Payout Settings as soon as possible and enter in the requested information.
Tournaments or Leagues
If you’re running a tournament or league on SportyHQ in Canada or Australia, then:
- If your tournament or league has already received payments, then you’ll still continue to use the previous payment gateway for that event.
- If you’re about to start a new event, you’ll need to enter in your account details before you can publish your event. If your event is sanctioned by a governing body that collects payments on your behalf (and then pays out to you), that process will be confirmed with you before publishing.
What other benefits can you expect with our new payments platform:
- In Australia, we will be providing a payment gateway rate of 1.75% + $0.30 per transaction for domestic cards and 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction for international cards.
- In Canada, we will be providing a payment gateway rate of 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.
- If you use the “Events” feature under clubs or organizations, you’ll no longer have to enter in your payout details for each event. We’ll automatically link it to your club or organization.
- When creating a new tournament or league, you’ll be able to reuse previous payout information, saving you from having to enter it again.
We very much hope you enjoy this big update and thank you again for all of your support.